Sunday, July 15, 2007

oh ya donations =)

One of my college professors brought it to my attention that I should probably put up a link to the NGO that is funding this project for any of you who would like to donate. The NGO is called Run for Africa and you can donate at their site which is www.runforafrica.org

For those of you who are more interested in education and social justice issues another great NGO is It's My World which was started by two fellow Peace Corps volunteers and myself. It's main purpose is to make sure Tanzanian students have access to the natural wonders that all the tourists come here to see like the Serengeti and Kilimanjaro. We fund class trips to Kilimanjaro (we plan on expanding) with the goal being to integrate the experience into the classroom, increase interest in basic sciences, and build self esteem within the students. You can donate at our site which is the following: www.itsmyworld.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Tim
I'm reading your stories in Switzerland and see, that you are fully in your element again! Glad you didn't get hurt in this traffic accident. Sorry again, that I could not get to join you for a safari trip, but I am definitely going to Brasil end of August and therefore had to limit my travelling otherwise. I wish you further good luck for the rest of your stay - and keep in touch!
Thomas